Client rights and responsibilities, client feedback
Notice of Client Rights and Responsibilities
1. CFCE’s Client Bill of Rights shall apply to all programs and services in the organization.
2. CFCE’s Client Bill of Rights shall be posted in the reception area of the organization’s offices and facilities and on its public website.
3. CFCE’s Client Bill of Rights will be included in all new client intake packets.
1. You have the right to access all CFCE services which shall be provided in a manner and location (i.e., office, in-home, virtual) that is accessible and available to consumers at convenient times, including on weekends and evenings;
2. You have the right to be informed of available service hours;
3. You have the right to speak, and be spoken to, in a language that you understand and to request an interpreter if you need one;
4. You have the right to know what support services are available to make CFCE’s services more
accessible to you;
5. You have the right to participate in the development and ongoing review of your
treatment/case/service plan and to be informed of the benefits, risks, side effects and least
intrusive alternatives to plan services;
6. You have the right to know specifically what is going to happen during the service process, who is supposed to do what, for whom and under what circumstances;
7. You have the right to expect that all communications and records pertaining to your care will be handled in a confidential manner and only disclosed as required or permitted by law;
8. You have the right to know how long your services are likely to last and to know in advance when services will be terminated;
9. You have the right to participate, on a voluntary basis, in CFCE’s service evaluation/feedback
process. A decision not to participate will have no bearing on services provided to you now or in the future;
10. You have the right to be treated with respect and to have CFCE staff use culturally sensitive
methods in the treatment/service process;
11. You have the right to be informed of how to report any concerns you may have about any aspect of your care and to whom you should report those concerns;
12. You have the right to receive prompt and responsive answers to your questions;
13. You have the right to know who is providing your service and who is in charge of your care;
14. You have the right to be informed of all payment options including whether Medicaid or other healthcare insurance are accepted;
15. You have the right to receive an estimated cost of care prior to treatment and to receive a clear explanation of any charges for which you are billed;
16. You have the right to be served regardless of your race, ethnicity, religion, place of birth, military status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability;
17. You have the right to refuse care and to be informed about the consequences of your refusal,
including discharge; and
18. You have the right to be informed of all facility rules affecting patient care and conduct and to receive services, free of harassment or coercion.
1. You have the responsibility, to the best of your knowledge, to give your provider accurate and
complete information about present problems, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications, and other matters relating to your health;
2. You have the responsibility to report any unexpected changes in your condition to your health care provider(s);
3. You have the responsibility to report whether you clearly understand the kind of care you will
receive and what you are expected to do to help yourself;
4. You have the responsibility to follow the treatment/care plan that is recommended by your
5. You have the responsibility to keep your appointments and to notify your provider(s) in advance when you are unable to keep your appointments;
6. You are responsible for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow your treatment/care plan;
7. You have the responsibility to follow all facility rules affecting patient care and conduct; and
8. You are responsible for being considerate of other CFCE patients and staff and for being
respectful of all property owned by CFCE and others.